Monday 25 August 2008

Reykjavik, Iceland - My First Marathon

Yeap that's me across the finishing line. Thanks darling!

31 years, 8 months later, I finally fulfilled my dream of finishing a marathon. Braving the notoriously wet and windy weather in August in Reykjavik, Iceland, I trudged wearily across the finishing line, with a time of 4hrs 38mins.

This accomplishment is dedicated to my loving wife, a logistic supremo navigating the course effortlessly to provide much needed replenishment both for the mind and my body.
Darling, you were never far from me in this 26mile journey.

And not forgetting my family in Singapore, where in my darkest moments, the thoughts of you all carried me further than I could imagine.

3 comments:

Paths said...

You did a brilliant job on your own.. fighting against the cold and rain, battling your own will to finish it no matter what. It's an accomplishment and I'm proud of you!

Unknown said...

Congratulations! I nearly didn't complete my Army half-marathon. But a full marathon is something that I'll definitely love to try.

Any idea whether there'll be one closer to London itself?

Eaststopper said...

Hi CK,
There is a calendar of marathon events in Europe which you can find here:
http://www.42k195.com/en/tag/Europe

Wife will be taking part in the nike human race this coming Sunday. Will post some pics of the event here.